Feeding your kid’s healthy and nutritious food is often a challenge as many kids are fussy eaters. The best way to convince them to eat something is to make sure it has visual and taste appeal. So camouflage the healthy foods they have trouble accepting with their favorite foods so they eat them without knowing. This can often be done when you order a healthy food delivery.
Some super healthy foods for kids are:
- Salmon is a super brain food, it’s packed with EPA and DHA, omega-3 fatty acids that are essential for healthy brain growth, development and function.
- Eggs are a power house filled with high quality protein and choline for memory development.
- Nut Butters are good sources of Vitamins including vitamin E and thiamin as well as other antioxidants that help protect the nervous system and brain.
- Whole Grains help give the body and brain a constant supply of healthy glucose as well as the B- vitamins for overall health They also contain fiber to help regulate sugar levels and keep the bowels regular.
- Oats or Rolled Oats provide a good source of energy and are very filling so reduce the desire for snacking are a good source of vitamin E and the B vitamins as well as zinc, and potassium which to help the body and brain operate at full capacity.
- Berries, all types of berries are great and usually, the more intense the colour the more nutritious the berries are, they have high amounts of vitamin C and contain omega- 3 fats. They are known to reduce the risk of many cancers.
- Beans are loaded with protein and complex carbohydrates and fiber. Children benefit from eating beans as it helps to keep up the energy levels and the thinking levels for longer.
- Coloured Vegetables such as corn, tomatoes, pumpkin, carrots, sweet potatoes, spinach, broccoli, beetroot, all the vegetables with rich, deep colouring help to keep the brain and body function at optimum levels. If kids do not like vegetables the can be lightly steamed then blended together and added to their favorite meals, starting a little at a time and increasing with each meal without them noticing.
- Dairy milk, butter, cheese and yogurt are all packed with multi nutrients that are essential for kid’s health, calcium and potassium for bone health as well as healthy fats, enzymes and vitamins, especially vitamin D that promotes the growth of healthy brain tissue such as neurotransmitters and the neuromuscular system.
- Beef is high in many of the essential nutrients including protein and iron to keep the body strong and healthy and other minerals like zinc for good memory.
- Vegetarians can get similar benefits by eating black beans as they are high in nonheme iron, which when eaten with vitamin C give you the best iron absorption.